Types of personal information we collect and hold, and why
We only collect and hold personal information if we need it for our business activities. These activities include:
• Setting up and managing your service
• Properly identifying you
• Providing information about your quote/service or status
• Conducting research, including to find out what you think about our existing and proposed services
• Providing you with other related services
• Talking with you about your accounts, or any advice and services we provide
• Complying with certain laws that require or authorise us to collect personal information
• For any other purpose that directly relates to why we collected the information in the first place, including data analysis, and where the use would reasonably be expected without your permission.
Note that we may not be able to provide you with certain services if you do not provide complete or accurate information to us about yourself. We may use your personal details to send you information about quote and service related materials that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive promotional material, please give a us a call on 0468 930 577. We may collect and hold a variety of personal information, including:
• Name, contact details, residency and lifestyle information
• Information about your quote and/or service
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information:
• Directly from you and/or your authorised representative
Your personal information may be provided to us in a number of ways, including a phone call, form, letter, email, fax, online, via mobile device applications or face-to-face. We can also collect and use personal information that is publicly available, such as personal information in public registers and directories, and on websites, including social media. Unless you provide your consent, or we are required or authorised by law, we will only use or disclose your sensitive information for the purposes it was provided for.
How we collect your information online
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer when you access our websites. Most internet browsers allow you to accept or block cookies, but if you block cookies, you may not be able to use some of the features on our websites.
To improve our website layout, content and services, and to deliver targeted advertising, we use third party cookies. These cookies collect information about how our websites are accessed and used. This data is stored on a third party server, which may be located offshore.
To opt out of cookies, you need to change your website browser settings, which will allow you to block all cookies or individual cookies from Forrest Bins and third party advertisers. More information is available at the About Cookies website, aboutcookies.org
How your personal information is stored
Your personal information may be held on-site at our office, in secure premises, or in secure information systems (including in the cloud) operated by our service providers. Your information is only accessible by authorised staff, and authorised service providers who are engaged by us to perform specific functions. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, misuse, or loss. These steps include having:
• Privacy and security training for our staff
• Building security measures and surveillance
• System security measures such as access controls, firewalls, virus scanning, and encryption
• Security assessments of service providers, and contract provisions requiring the protection of personal information and restrictions on its use.
When we disclose your personal information to others
In providing services to you, we may share your personal information within our entity or any other related entity. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties if it is necessary to provide services, you have consented to it, or it is authorised or required by law.
For example, we may disclose relevant personal information to:
• A person you have authorised to act on your behalf
• Service providers and advisers engaged to carry out functions (e.g. mail houses, outsourced administration services, information technology services and support, hosting services, research and data analysis services, or other professional service providers)
• Law enforcement agencies, courts, dispute resolution bodies, and regulators.
• We may also provide your details to our marketing service providers. If you don’t want to participate in market research, call us on 0468 930 577 to let us know.
Accessing or changing your personal information
You have a right to request access to, and correction of, personal information we hold about you.
Requests for access and/or correction are free, and are normally handled within 25 business days. There may be legal or administrative reasons to deny or decline some access and/ or correction requests, in which case we will let you know the reasons why.
If you want to access and/or correct your information, you will need to write to our Privacy Officer at the address in the section below, and let them know what you require. Please also let them know your return address so they can send you what you need. Before handling your request, we will need to confirm your identity.
How to make a complaint about the way your personal information has been collected, used, or disclosed
If you believe we haven’t dealt with your personal information in accordance with the law, you can make a complaint to us. You will need to give us the full details of your complaint and your contact details. To make a privacy complaint, call us on 0468 930 577 or send a written complaint to:
PO Box 5180 Algester,
Algester QLD QLD 4115
We will respond to your complaint within 30 business days of receiving it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may make a complaint to the relevant dispute resolution body. For more information about the privacy complaints procedures, please contact us.
For more information
0430 922 418